Who we are
Our website address is: https://bluestonedigital.co.za.
Data Collection, Usage & Privacy Policies
We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of all individuals with whom we interact and to fostering user confidence in online advertising. Accordingly, we support and promote relevant industry guidelines.
We provide services for clients such as digital media services and purchase of inventory within ad exchanges and other media sources via Bluestone Digital’s trading platform. Bluestone Digital engages third party technology providers facilitate the operation of this trading platform.
Information Collected Through our Services
The information collected through advertisements we manage on behalf of our clients is not personally identifiable information (PII). PII generally refers to identifying information such as a specific individual’s name, mailing address, phone number or e-mail address. We do not collect sensitive information, such as your political or religious beliefs, ethnic background, sexual preference, health or any other.
Non-Personal Information Collected by our Services
When conducting Services on behalf of its clients, we collect non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) which anonymously identifies users that we may have interacted with before. For instance, by using Non-PII, we may be able to identify whether a web browser has previously been served with an advertisement that we launched on behalf of a client. In the context of Non-PII, whenever we refer to ‘you’ or ‘yours,’ please remember that we may be referring to a user’s browser profile and not an identifiable person since we do not know the identity of the user of an internet enabled device at any particular time.
We collect and use Non-PII to offer a range of Services to our advertiser clients. By collecting Non-PII regarding your web browsing, usage or interactions with advertisements, our clients are able to show you the most useful and relevant online advertisements across numerous websites, and to prevent excessive or repeated deliveries of the same advertisements. For example, if a user browser’s profile indicates an interest in bicycle options, then our Services may help our clients deliver interest-based online advertisements to that user about a particular type of bicycle. In addition, Non-PII is also used for the purpose of research and analysis.
The nature of Non-PII collected may include information such as the type of internet browser used by an online user, the type of computer operating system used, the domain name of the websites visited before and after viewing an advertisement, and information related to websites and web pages a user is viewing when an advertisement is shown.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
On occasion, we may disclose Non-PII collected through our Services, and information derived from it, to our clients and vendors. This information does not include any PII that can be used to contact or identify any person individually. We encourage our clients to use any Non-PII they receive in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to ensure that privacy policies are made available that tell you about how the information they are gathering is being used. You are therefore encouraged to always read the privacy policies of the websites you visit to understand issues relating to your online privacy.
We may disclose a user’s Non-PII to third parties when we are obligated to do so by applicable law or regulation, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities.
From time to time we may ask other members of the same group of companies, or third party service providers, to help us manage our information technology systems and to process PII (voluntarily provided on this website) and Non-PII (obtained on behalf of our clients when providing Services) on our behalf. Some of these entities or their servers may be located in countries overseas. We will only transfer your information to a third-party service provider or overseas, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
As detailed above, we use third party technology providers in the performance of our Services, which may deploy cookies on a user’s device to enable us and our advertiser clients to provide users with a more meaningful web experience.
- the Google advertising opt-out page or,
- the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page or,
- the AppNexus opt-out page
We are committed to ensuring your PII and Non-PII is kept secure and confidential. We will use our anonymous cookie information only for as long as is needed to provide Services to our clients and in aggregated form for the purposes of evaluating our Services and technologies after the Services cease to be provided.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page with amended terms. You should check this page from on occasion to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
Last updated April 2020
By hiring or engaging Bluestone Digital (Pty) Ltd, you agree that you abide by this Agreement and any additional that maybe offered to you by Bluestone Digital. Bluestone Digital. A client is the party described as such an any application or service order executed between it and Bluestone Digital.
This Agreement provides for Bluestone Digital’s development and execution of marketing services for the Client.
The parties agree as follows.
- Definitions: Terms defined above have their assigned meanings and each of the following terms has the meaning assigned to it.
“Agreement” means this Agreement.
“Black Hat” means using spam-like methods focused on computers instead of human users to increase a website performance. Black Hat SEO tactics
include keyword stuffing, invisible text, and more.
“Business Day” means the usual work week of Monday through Friday, with the exception of all holidays.
“Down Payment” has the meaning assigned to it in Section 3.3.
“Effective Date” means the date listed in the preamble of this Agreement.
“Keyword” means words typed into a search engine by potential consumers of the client’s website and its related products and services.
“Website Content” means the words, graphics, video, or other immediately visible content when visiting a web page.
“White Hat” means using SEO methods focused on human users and based in accepted search engine guidelines to improve a website’s performance.
“Writing” means an e-mail or other written communication, such as attached documents, sent for the purpose of providing legal notice to either party.
2. Hiring of Bluestone Digital.
By signing the Agreement or ordering from Bluestone Digital, the Client hires Bluestone Digital to provide services.
3. Billing date.
- Bluestone Digital bills you on the 25th of every month for all recurring services and a 10% penalty will be charged for late payment on a monthly basis till the outstanding amount is paid.
- Project Estimate. The monthly services are recurring while once off services requires once off payment.
- First Payment. The Client shall pay 50% deposit as the first Payment to Bluestone Digital before the project is commenced.
- Bluestone Digital will bill you on the 25th of every month for all recurring services. Invoices shall include information relating to:
- the billing rate per month,
- the task list, and
- the total amount of the invoice
- The Client shall pay Bluestone Digital by online payment, debit order or via EFT.
- Payment must be received no later than 30th of every month for continuation.
- Bluestone Digital marketing campaigns:
- Bluestone Digital shall work with the Client to formulate an overall marketing, design or development for the service billed.
- Keyword Selection. Bluestone Digital may recommend additional Keywords to be added to the list for all digital marketing campaigns.
- Back Links. Bluestone Digital shall build a profile of back links to the Client’s website at URL. Bluestone Digital shall provide the report to the Client at the Client’s request or at the end of each month.
- Code Analysis and Modification. Bluestone Digital shall analyse the underlying code of the Client’s website and provide recommendations or modifications to the code to improve the website’s performance in the selected search engines.
- Search Analysis and Reports. Bluestone Digital shall monitor website traffic, generate reports based on website traffic, and provide recommendations and strategies to improve targeted traffic to the Client’s website. Bluestone Digital may use various free or paid third party tools or applications as part of this process.
- Website Content Creation. Website Content creation is a large part of any search engine optimization endeavour. Bluestone Digital will likely recommend the Client add additional Website Content to the Client’s website. The Client shall pay Bluestone Digital the Rate stated above for Website Content creation. Bluestone Digital may also use a third party Website Content creation service to meet the Client’s Website Content needs.
- Client Obligations.
- Representations and Warranties. The Client represents and warrants as follows:
- The Client has not engaged in Black Hat SEO tactics at the website, URL, in an effort to gain traffic in the past.
- The Client has power and authority to sign, deliver, and perform this Agreement.
- The Client has taken all necessary action to authorize the signing, delivering, and performance of this Agreement.
- This Agreement has been duly signed by the Client, or its authorized representative or agent, and constitutes its legal, valid, and binding obligation. It is enforceable against the Client in accordance with its terms.
- The Client covenants to:
- Provide administration or backend access to Bluestone Digital.
- Provide an email at the Client’s website, URL, for purposes of back link building or otherwise representing the Client for the purposes of SEO.
- Allow Bluestone Digital to make changes to the website’s underlying code for the purpose of optimization.
- Provide Bluestone Digital with a list of all third party developers of the website for the purpose of contacting them to improve the website’s performance in the search engines
- Provide Bluestone Digital with electronic files of all promotional or branding materials, i.e., logos, graphics, etc., for the purpose of creating new promotional materials.
- Representations and Warranties. The Client represents and warrants as follows: